Course of Study
The Master's programme in Medical Engineering consists of a total of three semesters. The curriculum has been designed to allow students to start both in the winter semester and the summer semester.
The first and second semesters include the following compulsory courses:
- Höhere Mathematik und numerische Methoden
- Modellbildung und Simulation
- Mess- und Automatisierungstechnik mit LabVIEW
- Management und Marketing
- Führungs- und Organisationslehre
- Technische Dokumentation
- Biotechnik und Robotik
- Elektromagnetische Felder in der Medizintechnik
- Numerische Simulation mit MATLAB und Simulink
The compulsory courses are supplemented by the following specialisations, three of which must be taken:
- Pacing und Ablation
- Applied Neuroscience / NeuroScience
- Biosignal analysis and Elektropyhsiology
- Computer assisted Medicin
All four specialisations include both a lecture with seminar and a laboratory.
In the third semester, the Master's Thesis is to be written, in which a subject-specific problem is worked on independently according to scientific methods. It is possible to write the Master's thesis abroad without any problems, as no other courses are planned apart from the thesis.