Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
With 30 full professors, 63 adjunct lecturers and 45 staff members, the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Hochschule Offenburg is a competence center in the fields of electrical engineering, electronics, renewable-energy systems, mechatronics, medical engineering and computer science, offering an accordingly wide range of study options.
Our graduates have gone on to pursue careers in a variety of different sectors, including:
- Automobile industry
- Vocational/technical education
- Electrical industry
- IT sector
- Renewable-energy systems
- Aviation industry
- Medical engineering
- Product management
With an emphasis on applied research and development, the E+I Department is especially open towards innovate work and applying new ideas. With numerous laboratories and ongoing research projects, many of them in cooperation with industry and business, our students are kept in touch with the practical relevance of their studies at all times.
For more information about our study courses and applying, please click here. You can also download our detailed brochure here (in German only). To request some of our printed materials or other publications of the University, please click here.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs (taught in German)
- Applied Computer Science (AI)
- Electrical Engineering / Information Technology (EI)
- Electrical Engineering/ Information Technology plus (EI-plus)
- Electrical Engineering / Information Technology 3nat (EI-3nat)
- Electrical Power Engineering/ Physics (EP)
- Electrical Power Engineering/ Physics plus (EP-plus)
- Mechatronics (MK)
- Mechatronics plus (MK-plus)
- Medical Engineering (MT)
- Business Information Systems (WIN)
- Business Information Systems plus (WIN-plus)
If you are unsure about which of the engineering or informatics degree courses at Offenburg University suits you best, consider first enrolling in the preparatory study program “startING,” which is offered both in the winter and summer semesters.
If you are interested in an additional pedagogical component of your studies, consider our “Plus” degree courses, which prepare you both for a subsequent teacher training course (i.e. one of the Master’s degree programs in Vocational Education) and a career in industry. Graduates of our vocational-education Master’s programs typically go on to complete teacher training at a vocational school to become full-fledged teachers.
Finally, if vocational training seems too hands-on to you and an academic education too theoretical, or if you are exactly looking for a combination of the two, Hochschule Offenburg in cooperation with renowned companies in the Ortenau region and the Technical School in Offenburg offers the “KOMBI” study course, which leads to one of the following degrees at our department:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology and IHK-certified training as electronics engineer for machines and systems (the IHK is the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics and IHK-certified training as mechatronics technician
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Computer Science and IHK-certified training as IT specialist.
Master’s Degree Programs (taught in German, except for the CME program taught in English)
- Vocational Education in Electrical Power Engineering/ Physics (EP-BB)
- Vocational Education in Electrical Engineering/ Information Technology (EI-BB)
- Vocational Education in Computer Science/ Economics (IW-BB)
- Vocational Education in Mechatronics (MK-BB)
- Communication and Media Engineering (CME)
- Electrical Engineering / Information Technology (EIM)
- Computer Science (INFM)
- Medical Engineering (MTM)